Getting Started with HVAC Maintenance in Austin (78734)
When it comes to keeping your Austin home comfortable during the hot summer days and cool winter nights, regular HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning) maintenance is an essential part of ensuring you have a comfortable indoor climate all year round. With regular HVAC maintenance, you will not only enjoy a comfortable home, but you will also have lower energy bills, better indoor air quality, fewer HVAC repairs, and ultimately, greater peace of mind about the safety and efficiency of your home’s HVAC system.
What Does an HVAC Maintenance Check Include?
HVAC maintenance generally includes a thorough inspection and complete cleaning of the equipment, including the air ducts, heating units, and air conditioning systems. The technician should check all necessary components and parts of the system and provide a list of repairs and service that may be required. Common areas that technicians typically check are:
• Check for proper operation of fans, coils, motors, pumps, refrigeration lines, and other components
• Check for proper operation of blower motors, condensers, evaporator coils, and other HVAC components
• Check for proper operation of air filters and dust collection systems
• Inspect and lubricate components to reduce noise
• Clean air-conditioning coils, replacing dirty air filters
• Check and adjust the air/heat balance
• Inspect the wiring and belts
• Inspect ductwork for leaks
• Clean evaporator coils
When Should You Get an HVAC Maintenance?
HVAC maintenance should be done at least once a year, and more frequently if your HVAC system experiences heavy use. It’s best to schedule maintenance in the early spring or late fall when it won’t be too hot or cold outside and you won’t have to worry about having your home too hot or cold while the technician is completing the work. Scheduling regular maintenance can also help reduce repairs, extend the life of your HVAC system, and ensure that it’s running at its peak efficiency.
What Can You Do to Help Maintain Your HVAC System?
An important part of maintaining your home’s HVAC system is knowing what you can do on your own to keep it running smoothly. There are several easy steps you can take to help care for your HVAC system:
• Change or clean air filters regularly. Depending on the kind of filter you have, you may need to change or clean it every month or so.
• Keep your air conditioner level. If your AC system is not level with the ground, it can cause problems with operating efficiency.
• Check the thermostat. Make sure that your thermostat is set to the right times and temperatures in order to keep your home comfortable at all times.
• Keep the area around your HVAC system free of debris. If the area around your HVAC system is not kept clean, it could cause blockages which can reduce the efficiency of your system.
Who Should You Contact For HVAC Maintenance?
When it comes to finding a reliable and experienced HVAC maintenance service, Abacus Residential and Commercial Plumbers in Austin are your go-to experts. With years of experience providing high-quality residential and commercial plumbing services, the team at Abacus is dedicated to providing the highest quality service and eco-friendly solutions. Whether it’s a gas or electric water heater, a leaky pipe, or a clogged drain, Abacus is always willing to tackle any job. And with their top-notch customer service skills and commitment to customer satisfaction, you can be sure that your job will be done right.