Getting Started with Toilet Repair in 78757 Austin, Texas
Are you dealing with a malfunctioning or broken toilet in 78757 Austin, Texas? Trying to figure out whether you need a professional plumber or if you can attempt to fix the issue on your own? Making the decision as to how to address plumbing repair can be difficult, but Abacus is here to help.
In this article, we’ll discuss the types of problems that require a professional plumber and the steps you should take to make sure you’re working with a reliable company with certified technicians. We’ll also provide some tips on how to repair a few common toilet issues. Read on to learn more and get started on toilet repair in your Austin area home.
Toilet Repair: DIY or Call a Plumber?
When it comes to tackling a broken toilet, people’s first inclination is usually to try to fix the problem themselves. But, depending on the issue, DIY work may lead to further problems down the line, so it’s important to assess the situation and make sure you’re taking the right steps to get it fixed correctly.
Generally speaking, issues that involve the water supply line, plumbing stack, or sewer line should always be left to a professional. These types of plumbing problems require the experience and expertise of a licensed professional in order to avoid any costly and time- consuming mistakes.
On the other hand, if the problem is related to the toilet’s tank or bowl, there is familiarity enough with plumbing systems to at least attempt a DIY repair. Make sure to research the issue, watch tutorial videos (if available), and purchase any necessary replacement parts before beginning the repair. Taking these steps will help to ensure that the repair process is thorough and successful.
Finding a Reliable Plumber
Finding a quality, reliable plumbing expert can be a challenge. Before hiring a company, make sure to ask around for recommendations, check online reviews, and narrow it down to a few companies that seem trustworthy.
Once you’ve identified the company or individual you want to work with, take a few extra steps to make sure that you’re working with a reliable, trustworthy person:
• Ask if they are licensed
• Check if they are insured
• Get a written estimate before any work starts
• Ask about warranty on parts and services used
Common Toilet Problems & How to Fix Them
Here are a few of the most common problems that can affect your toilet and some tips on how to handle them:
• If your toilet isn’t flushing correctly, there may be an issue with the toilet’s handle, chain, or flapper. Unscrew the handle or the flapper chain, depending on the type of toilet you have, and flush again. If this doesn’t solve the problem, you may need to replace the parts.
• If your toilet is leaking from the base, you may be able to fix it yourself by replacing the wax ring, but this is a difficult job best left to a professional.
• If your toilet is clogged, consider using a plunger or an augur to try and dislodge the debris, or use a chemical solution to break it up. If the clog persists, it’s time to call a plumber.
At the end of the day, the best way to make sure that your toilet is functioning properly is to work with a professional. DIY plumbing repairs can be challenging and time consuming, and attempting them can lead to more problems down the line.
For all of your plumbing repair needs in the 78757 Austin, Texas area, look no further than Abacus. Our team of certified technicians has the experience and expertise to take on any toilet repair job quickly and efficiently, and our commitment to complete customer satisfaction is our number one priority. Contact us today to learn more about our services and get started on your toilet repair project.