A Step-by-Step Guide to Installing a Home Water Heater in Austin, TX 78749
Homeowners need to upgrade or substitute their legacy water heaters in Austin, Texas from time to time. The reality that a new water heater is costly and time-consuming to install can make the idea of tackling the task yourself daunting.
Fortunately, the professionals at Abacus Plumbing are here to simplify the process. We’re proud to offer water heater installation in 78749 to Austin residents at a price that won’t break the bank. After all, a warm shower is probably the best thing about coming home. In this article, we’ll give you a step-by-step guide to installing a water heater in the Austin area.
Things to Consider Before Installing Your Hot Water Heater
There are three main types of water heaters you can install in Austin-gas, electric, and tankless. Gas or electric water heaters are the most common and typically require a large storage tank. Tankless water heaters, on the other hand, are more eco-friendly and don’t require a separate reservoir.
No matter which type you choose, it’s important to pick the right size. Oversizing your water heater means you’ll be paying for unused energy. On the flip side, undersizing could mean you run out of hot water too quickly. When determining the right size, it’s important to consider the size of your household and their typical hot water usage.
Steps to Installing a Home Hot Water Heater
1. Choose the Right Model: The team at Abacus recommends doing your research before purchasing a new water heater. Next, take a look at your budget and see which unit will meet all of your needs without breaking the bank.
2. Shut Off the Power: Whenever you’re installing or working on an electrical water heater, make sure you shut off the power at the breaker panel. For gas water heaters, turn off the supply switch or lines on the gas valve.
3. Install a Power Source: Connect the power cord to the heater and plug into the wall socket or hardwire the unit.
4. Install the Water Connections: Connect the water line to the inlet and outlet using the supply lines and hose clamps.
5. Install the Venting System: If your model requires venting, install the correct venting pipe and connect it to the water heater.
6. Turn on the Power: After the installation is complete, it’s time to turn on the power and the gas line.
Importance of Hiring a Professional Plumber for Installation of a Water Heater in Austin, TX 78749
For everyday plumbing repairs, a DIY approach is usually the safest and most cost-effective option. But when it comes to tankless water heater installation, things are a bit different.
No matter how advanced your DIY skills are, it’s important to consider the safe and efficient installation of a water heater requires expertise. A professional plumber will be familiar with the complexities of the system, as well as the local codes and regulations governing the installation process.
At Abacus Plumbing, we offer comprehensive home water heater services for Austin homeowners. Our professional plumbers are highly trained and certified to provide professional installation and repair services.
Plus, we offer maintenance contracts, so you can rest assured that your system will be running optimally all year long.
The core message
There’s no need to take on a complex installation like a water heater on your own. After all, a lot can go wrong during the process. Abacus Plumbing is here to help. Our experienced and licensed plumbers are available to provide quick and reliable installation and repair services in Austin, Texas.
For any inquiry or to schedule an appointment, don’t hesitate to contact Abacus Plumbing today.