Electrician Lago Vista TX
- Licensed & Insured Local Electricians
- Repair, Service & Installation + Home Safety Inspections
- Surge Protection & Electrical Panels
- 24 Hour Scheduling
Finding a Licensed Electrician in Lago Vista, TX?
When it comes to your electrical system, don’t’ settle for anyone less than the best in Lago Vista, TX. Choose Abacus to have the best technicians and the best customer service for all of your electrical needs. We have electricians available around the clock, every single day of the year. We will make sure that fixing your electrical problems is as stress and hassle-free as possible.
Electrical issues can not just cause injury, but they can also damage your appliances and electronics, and lead to a fire. At Abacus, we are committed to providing 100% safe electrical services for all of our clients.
Abacus Electrical Services offered in Lago Vista, TX
- Equipment Repair/Installation
- Breakers & Fuses
- Ceiling Fans
- Lighting Design & Repair
- Exhaust Fans
- Home Safety Check
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Fire Marshall/Code Correction
- Outdoor & Landscape Lighting
- Troubleshooting & Repair
- Overhead Lighting
- Home Surge Protectors
- Light Switches
- Grounding Systems
- Electrical Outlets
- Electric Panels
- Meter Bases
- Phone Jacks & Cable Outlets
- Electrical Maintenance
- Track Lighting Installation
- GFCI (Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupter) Outlets
- ARC-Fault Breakers
- New Wiring for Appliances
If you don’t see the electrical service you need, call us! We will do our best to try and help you.
Getting the right Electrician
Working as an electrician in Lago Vista means having a license. There are 4 different kinds of licenses that you can have.
- Apprentice: Apprentice electricians have completed 2 years ot schooling and are new to the professional field after taking their Texas licensing exam.
- Wireman: The next level up is wireman. A wireman can work on residential projects without supervision, but cannot work on industrial projects.
- Journeyman: A journey electrician can work on both commercial and residential projects. They tend to work under a master electrician.
- Master: a master electrician is just what the title would suggest. This level is only achievable after at least 7 years of experience. They can work on any job, whether it’s industrial, commercial, or residential.
GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter)
A GFCI outlet is installed for safety reasons. It is used most appropriately in rooms with high moisture, such as kitchens and bathrooms. It works by shutting off if it senses that the water is going somewhere it shouldn’t, such as through water or through human flesh. It is always best to test your GFCI outlets at least once a month. They are no good to you if they aren’t functioning properly. Simply press the “test” button. If the outlet turns off, then it is working. Make sure to reset the outlet again when you are finished.
Outdoor Lighting Installation & Landscape Lighting
If you are looking to improve the curb appeal of your home, landscape or exterior lighting might be just what you are looking for. Not only that but thieves and vandals are less likely to target a home that has good lighting. Make sure that you provide proper maintenance to your exterior lighting by keeping the fixtures free of dirt and debris and changing out bulbs as soon as they burn out. At Abacus, we have the best landscape lighting designers to help you get the property of your dreams.
Home Electrical Safety Tips
We are surrounded by electricity at all times. For the most part, we are safe, but if you don’t treat your electricity with respect, you could open yourself up to danger. Here are some safety tips to keep you safe.
- Don’t cover up extension cords with carpet.
- Use extension cords only when necessary, not permanently
- Change cords immediately if you see any damage
- Only use a fire extinguisher to put out an electrical fire
- Use tamper-proof receptacles to protect people from shocks
- Have a licensed electrician perform an annual inspection
- Unplug appliances that emit sparks
Please follow those safety guidelines that will help keep everyone safe.
LED lighting continues to gain in popularity in Lago Vista and around the country. They are a cost-efficient option that will provide a more attractive look than incandescent bulbs. They last up to 25 times longer, and also do not burn out suddenly. They slowly lose color so you have advanced warning that you need to replace them. By making the switch to LED, you can take advantage of monthly energy savings and put off having to pay for replacements. Talk to an Abacus expert to see what LED lighting products would be right for you.
Surge Suppressors (aka Surge Protectors)
Power surges can damage your electronics and your home, and they can pose an injury risk or worse. A surge suppressor will keep the level of power in your home at the right level, and prevent more from entering your system. Power surges tend to happen during lighting strikes. Rest your head easy the next time there is a thunderstorm knowing that you and your home are protected.
Smoke Detectors & CO (Carbon Monoxide) Detectors
If you haven’t heard them in a while, it can be easy to forget about your smoke and CO detectors. They protect you and your family against the dangers of those substances. CO is especially dangerous since you can’t see or smell it. A detector will alert you if this deadly gas is present so you can evacuate safely. Your CO detectors should be near all of the sleeping areas of the home, and a smoke detector should be on every floor. Change Out the batteries every 6 months, and test them every month. You should replace your detectors every ten years.
Electric Panel Replacement
Your electrical panel is also called the breaker box. It makes sure that electricity is distributed throughout the home properly. In some older homes, the electrical panel hasn’t been upgraded in many years. However, modern homes use more power than homes from even 20 years ago. Older breaker boxes can overload, which is a safety hazard and can cause damage to your appliances and property. If you’ve noticed your panel has a bad smell, or that your breakers trip on a regular basis, then it is time to call Abacus for help with a replacement.
Ceiling Fans & Ceiling Fan Installation in Lago Vista, TX
Before purchasing a new ceiling fan, you should ensure that you get the right size and type for the room where you will be installing it. Ceiling fans can range in size, and you want to make sure it’s big enough to serve the whole space, but not too big that there is a safety hazard. There should be 8 inches from the ceiling to the blades, 8 feet to the floor, and 18 inches from any walls. Give us a call to help to install your ceiling fan so you can sure that it is safe and secure.
Rewiring Services in Lago Vista, TX
There may come a time when you need to have new wires installed in your home. It could be because of the age of your current wires, or the quality of materials used when installing them. Old or sub-par wiring cannot properly handle the electrical load that modern homes need.
These signs can let you know it’s time for some rewiring:
- Circuit breakers constantly tripping
- Aluminum wiring is a major fire risk
- Any vibration, shock, or buzz when turning on appliances
- Dimming or flickering lights while using appliances such as a vacuum
- Loose electrical outlets
- A house that more than 40 years old
- A burning odor coming from electrical outlets
If you see any of those signs in your home, please call Abacus, a licensed electrician.