Electrician Shoal Creek TX
- Licensed & Insured Local Electricians
- Repair, Service & Installation + Home Safety Inspections
- Surge Protection & Electrical Panels
- 24 Hour Scheduling
Finding a Licensed Electrician in Shoal Creek, TX?
Don’t’ settle for anything but the best when you need a licensed electrician in Shoal Creek, TX. Abacus has a team of technicians and customer service representatives ready and willing to provide you with a hassle and stress-free electrician experience. We are available 365 days a year, 24 hours a day.
Electrical issues can cause devastating damage to your home and those in your home. Don’t take chances and call the best.
Abacus Electrical Services offered in Shoal Creek, TX
- Equipment Repair/Installation
- Breakers & Fuses
- Ceiling Fans
- Lighting Design & Repair
- Exhaust Fans
- Home Safety Check
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Fire Marshall/Code Correction
- Outdoor & Landscape Lighting
- Troubleshooting & Repair
- Overhead Lighting
- Home Surge Protectors
- Light Switches
- Grounding Systems
- Electrical Outlets
- Electric Panels
- Meter Bases
- Phone Jacks & Cable Outlets
- Electrical Maintenance
- Track Lighting Installation
- GFCI (Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupter) Outlets
- ARC-Fault Breakers
- New Wiring for Appliances
If you don’t see the electrical service you need, call us! We will do our best to try and help you.
Getting the right Electrician
All electricians working in the city of Shoal Creek are required to have a license. Electricians will have 1 of 4 different types of licensing.
- Apprentice: This is an electrician that is taking the firsts steps of their career. After around two years of supervised training and passing the state electrical exam of Texas, they can become a wireman electrician.
- Wireman: Wiremen electricians are able to work unsupervised on residential properties but are not allowed to work unsupervised on commercial properties.
- Journeyman: Journeymen electricians work right under a master electrician. Journeymen may service both residential and commercial properties.
- Master: This is the highest level of licensing for electricians and requires a minimum of seven years of experience. Master electricians can service almost all jobs dealing with electricity.
GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter)
You might know that electricity and water are a dangerous combination. That’s why you need to be extra careful in your kitchen and bathrooms. To help keep you safe, Abacus can install GFCI outlets that will turn off if the current goes through moisture. That way you can avoid painful and dangerous shocks and sparking. Once you have GFCI outlets installed, you should test them every month. You may never need them, but you want to make sure they are working in case you do. After you test them, do not forget to reset them so that they are working again.
Outdoor Lighting Installation & Landscape Lighting
Installing outdoor lighting can provide your Shoal Creek home with stunning curb appeal. You can have any design that will suit your home, your lifestyle, and your safety needs. A well-lit home is safer because you see where you are going and avoid hazards. It’s also less likely to be targeted by thieves. It’s always important to keep your landscape lighting well-maintained by keeping fixtures clean, and by replacing bulbs immediately when they burn out.
Home Electrical Safety Tips
Having electricity is a necessity for almost all homeowners. If you don’t follow some safety guidelines electricity can pose a threat to everyone in your home. Homeowners can prevent electrical fires and electrocutions by following these safety guidelines:
- Don’t cover up extension cords with carpet.
- Use extension cords only when necessary, not permanently
- Change cords immediately if you see any damage
- Only use a fire extinguisher to put out an electrical fire
- Use tamper-proof receptacles to protect people from shocks
- Have a licensed electrician perform an annual inspection
- Unplug appliances that emit sparks
Please follow those safety guidelines that will help keep everyone safe.
Everyone wants ways to save on their energy bills. That’s partly why LED light bulbs continue to gain in popularity. They use less energy than incandescent bulbs, and they take longer to need replacement. They also don’t’ burn out suddenly. You don’t have to worry about being stuck in a dark room. They slowly fade when it’s time for replacement, so you know when to get new ones. Luckily, this won’t happen for approximately 20 years of use. With LED bulbs, you can direct light in any direction you want, making them a more versatile lighting option.
Surge Suppressors (aka Surge Protectors)
Power surges can damage your home and electronics, as well as harm you and your family. They happen when too much electricity is suddenly thrust into your electrical system. This most commonly happens during lightning storms. The electricity can travel to your outlets and overload the appliances that are plugged in. This can also cause sparking, which can flare up into fires and damage your home. Protect yourself, your home, and your belongings with a surge protector for your electrical system.
Smoke Detectors & CO (Carbon Monoxide) Detectors
Smoke detectors and carbon monoxide (CO) detectors are your prime defense against CO poisoning, smoke inhalation, and fire. There should be each kind of detector on every floor and near any sleeping areas. CO detectors should be kept no less than 10 feet away from stoves, since they can cause false alarms. You need to test them out every month to make sure they will perform when they are needed. Batteries need to be replaced every 6 months. A good rule of thumb is that when you set your clocks forwards or backwards, you change your batteries at the same time.
Electric Panel Replacement
Your electrical panel might be the most important component of your electrical system. It takes the electricity that comes from outside the home and distributes it through your wiring to your outlets. Some homes in Shoal Creek have older electric panels that have trouble handling the amount of power that modern homes need with charging electronics, computers, and flat-screen televisions. If you notice dimming lights, tripping breakers, and corrosion, call Abacus for help. We will inspect your panel and replace it if necessary.
Ceiling Fans & Ceiling Fan Installation in Shoal Creek, TX
You never want to purchase a ceiling fan that is the wrong size for the space. This would mean that it would not only improperly provide the comfort you want, but it could also be a safety hazard. Blades should be no less than 8 inches away from the ceiling and 8 feet from the floor, along with a foot and a half from any walls. Another safety issue is how well it is installed, including the electrical. A licensed electrician from Abacus will make sure that your ceiling fan is installed securely and safely and is working perfectly for you.
Rewiring Services in Shoal Creek, TX
Many of Shoal Creek’s older homes have electrical wiring that is over 10 years old. Even newer homes in Shoal Creek could have been built with cheaper wiring to try and lower costs. Old wiring is most likely incapable of handling the power requirements of today’s electronics. You can prevent many electrical issues by getting some rewiring done.
These signs can let you know it’s time for some rewiring:
- Circuit breakers constantly tripping
- Aluminum wiring is a major fire risk
- Any vibration, shock, or buzz when turning on appliances
- Dimming or flickering lights while using appliances such as a vacuum
- Loose electrical outlets
- A house that more than 40 years old
- A burning odor coming from electrical outlets
If you see any of those signs in your home, please call Abacus, a licensed electrician.