Electrician Westlake Hills TX
- Licensed & Insured Local Electricians
- Repair, Service & Installation + Home Safety Inspections
- Surge Protection & Electrical Panels
- 24 Hour Scheduling
Finding a Licensed Electrician in Westlake Hills, TX?
You don’t have to spend another second looking for the best-licensed electrician in Westlake Hills. Abacus is your one-stop-shop for all of your electrical needs, from equipment repair to safety installations. We are available around the clock to make sure that your family and your home are safe, and all of your electronics are functioning properly.
Electrical issues can cause devastating damage to your home or those in your home. Abacus is dedicated to ensuring all of our customers are 100% satisfied with our electrical services.
Abacus Electrical Services offered in Westlake Hills, TX
- Equipment Repair/Installation
- Breakers & Fuses
- Ceiling Fans
- Lighting Design & Repair
- Exhaust Fans
- Home Safety Check
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Fire Marshall/Code Correction
- Outdoor & Landscape Lighting
- Troubleshooting & Repair
- Overhead Lighting
- Home Surge Protectors
- Light Switches
- Grounding Systems
- Electrical Outlets
- Electric Panels
- Meter Bases
- Phone Jacks & Cable Outlets
- Electrical Maintenance
- Track Lighting Installation
- GFCI (Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupter) Outlets
- ARC-Fault Breakers
- New Wiring for Appliances
If you don’t see the electrical service you need, call us! We will do our best to try and help you.
Getting the right Electrician
All electricians working in the city of Westlake Hills are required to have a license. Electricians will have 1 of 4 different types of licensing.
- Apprentice: This is an electrician that is taking the first steps of their career. After around two years of supervised training and passing the state electrical exam of Texas, they can become a wireman electrician.
- Wireman: Wireman electricians are able to work unsupervised on residential properties but are not allowed to work unsupervised on commercial properties.
- Journeyman: Journeymen electricians work right under a master electrician. Journeymen may service both residential and commercial properties.
- Master: This is the highest level of licensing for electricians and requires a minimum of seven years of experience. Master electricians can service almost all jobs dealing with electricity.
GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter)
When water comes into contact with electricity, it can cause serious injury. You could get hurt or worse, or it could cause a fire that damages your home. With a GFCI outlet, you don’t have to worry about that happening. It will shut off automatically when it senses the current going somewhere that it shouldn’t. A GFCI outlet is only useful if you know that it will work when something goes wrong. That’s why you must test all of your GFCI outlets every month. That way you can be sure that you are protected. If they are not working, then call Abacus to have them replaced right away. Don’t delay, you never know when a mishap might happen.
Outdoor Lighting Installation & Landscape Lighting
If you are looking for a way to improve the appearance of your home, then outdoor landscape lighting might be just what you need. You can highlight certain areas and aspects of your property, and make it safer. Getting from the car to the front door doesn’t have to be a treacherous adventure, and entertaining can last into the late night hours if you want. Talk to the expert lighting designers at Abacus to provide you with the exterior lighting system of your dreams. Once installed, you will have to properly maintain your system. Change out bulbs as soon as they burn out, and keep fixtures free from debris.
Home Electrical Safety Tips
Having electricity is a necessity for almost all homeowners. If you don’t follow some safety guidelines, electricity can pose a threat to everyone in your home. Homeowners can prevent electrical fires and electrocutions by following these safety guidelines:
- Don’t cover up extension cords with carpet.
- Use extension cords only when necessary, not permanently
- Change cords immediately if you see any damage
- Only use a fire extinguisher to put out an electrical fire
- Use tamper-proof receptacles to protect people from shocks
- Have a licensed electrician perform an annual inspection
- Unplug appliances that emit sparks
Please follow those safety guidelines that will help keep everyone safe.
Every year, more and more homes in Westlake Hills have LED lighting installed. They offer a more beautiful light that is easy on the eyes. They also last 25 times longer than traditional incandescent bulbs, so you can save on replacement costs. Are you looking to reduce your energy bills? LED lights can help you do that. They use up less energy, and they don’t give off as much heat. Do you ever find yourself stuck in the dark because a lightbulb has burnt out? That worry will be a thing of the past with LED lights. They don’t burn out right away. .in fact, they do it slowly, so you will have plenty of warning to install replacement bulbs.
Surge Suppressors (aka Surge Protectors)
Getting struck isn’t the only danger when it comes to lightning. If lightning strikes your home, it can cause too much power to suddenly get into the electrical system. This can overload your electronics and appliances. You could end up with damage to any of them, or you might lose any unsaved work on your laptop if it’s plugged in. With a surge suppressor, you can make sure that only enough energy gets into the system as you absolutely need. Call Abacus to help protect against power surges today.
Smoke Detectors & CO (Carbon Monoxide) Detectors
There are non-electrical risks to your home that an Abacus electrician can help you with. You should have smoke detectors and CO detectors installed on every floor and where there are bedrooms. These will protect against fire and dangerous carbon monoxide. CO has no odor and you can’t see it, so without a detector, you or your family could be in trouble before you even realize it. One of our electricians can install your detectors right into the electrical system so that you can be sure that they will always be ready to protect you. However, you still need to have batteries as backup just in case.
Electric Panel Replacement
Your electrical panel, otherwise known as the breaker box, makes sure that your electricity goes where it needs to go. It takes in the power from outside the home and distributes it to your outlets. If you have an older panel, it may not be able to handle the power demands of a modern home with modern technology. Your panel could overload and cause serious problems. You may notice some tell-tale signs, such as strange odors, tripping, corrosion, and lights that dim when an appliance is turned on. If you notice one of these signs, call Abacus right away for help.
Ceiling Fans & Ceiling Fan Installation in Westlake Hills, TX
Don’t buy that ceiling fan without making sure that it is the right size for the space. You could end up with one that overpowers the room, or one that doesn’t properly circulate air. You also need to consider the safety guidelines for ceiling fans, which must be a certain minimum distance from the floor, ceiling, and walls. Talk with a licensed electrician from Abacus to make sure your fan is the right size, and that it is installed currently. They will also make sure that your fan complies with all safety regulations.
Rewiring Services in Westlake Hills, TX
Many of Westlake Hills’s older homes have electrical wiring that is over 10 years old. Even newer homes in Westlake Hills could have been built with cheaper wiring to try and lower costs. Old wiring is most likely incapable of handling the power requirements of today’s electronics. You can prevent many electrical issues by getting some rewiring done.
These signs can let you know it’s time for some rewiring:
- Circuit breakers constantly tripping
- Aluminum wiring is a major fire risk
- Any vibration, shock or buzz when turning on appliances
- Dimming or flickering lights while using appliances such as a vacuum
- Loose electrical outlets
- A house that more than 40 years old
- A burning odor coming from electrical outlets
If you see any of those signs in your home, please call Abacus, a licensed electrician.