Electrician Hyde Park TX
- Licensed & Insured Local Electricians
- Repair, Service & Installation + Home Safety Inspections
- Surge Protection & Electrical Panels
- 24 Hour Scheduling
Finding a Licensed Electrician in Hyde Park, TX?
When it comes to choosing a licensed electrician in Hyde Park, TX, your best choice is Abacus. We have a team of dedicated electrical technicians who will provide you with the best electrical services in the area at an affordable price. Have an electrical emergency? With our 24-hour service line, an electrician is never more than a phone call away, no matter what time it is.
Abacus Electrical Services offered in Hyde Park, TX
- Equipment Repair/Installation
- Breakers & Fuses
- Ceiling Fans
- Lighting Design & Repair
- Exhaust Fans
- Home Safety Check
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Fire Marshall/Code Correction
- Outdoor & Landscape Lighting
- Troubleshooting & Repair
- Overhead Lighting
- Home Surge Protectors
- Light Switches
- Grounding Systems
- Electrical Outlets
- Electric Panels
- Meter Bases
- Phone Jacks & Cable Outlets
- Electrical Maintenance
- Track Lighting Installation
- GFCI (Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupter) Outlets
- ARC-Fault Breakers
- New Wiring for Appliances
If you don’t see the electrical service you need, call us! We will do our best to try and help you.
Getting the right Electrician
All electricians working in the city of Hyde Park are required to have a license. Electricians will have 1 of 4 different types of licensing.
- Apprentice: This is an electrician that is taking the firsts steps of their career. After around two years of supervised training and passing the state electrical exam of Texas, they can become a wireman electrician.
- Wireman: Wiremen electricians are able to work unsupervised on residential properties but are not allowed to work unsupervised on commercial properties.
- Journeyman: Journeymen electricians work right under a master electrician. Journeymen may service both residential and commercial properties.
- Master: This is the highest level of licensing for electricians and requires a minimum of seven years of experience. Master electricians can service almost all jobs dealing with electricity.
GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter)
GFCI outlets work to prevent shocks and electrical fires by shutting off when they sense the current going through water or a person. They are mostly used in rooms that have a lot of moisture, like bathrooms and kitchens. Make sure to test your GFCI outlets every month by pressing the “test” button. If an outlet does not turn off when you do, then it should be replaced immediately. Once you’ve tested it, press the “reset” button to get it ready to go again. If your GFCI outlets aren’t working and you don’t know it, then you could be putting yourself at risk.
Smoke Detectors & CO (Carbon Monoxide) Detectors
You need properly working smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) detectors to protect you and the people who live in your home. There should be a smoke detector on every floor, and in every stairwell. There should be a CO detector near every sleeping area in the building. CO is especially dangerous since it is colorless and odorless.. You won’t know it’s there without a sensor, and it can kill you if you are exposed for too long. Make sure to test your detectors every month, and replace them after 10 years.
Electric Panel Replacement
The electrical panel is the nerve center of your electrical system. It disperses electricity throughout your home to your appliances and electronics. However, if you have an older home that has never had its panel replaced, it might not be up to the task of powering a modern home. Call Abacus to have a trained electrician come and inspect your panel for any issues. Also, if you’ve noticed that your lights flicker, or if your panel is giving off a strange smell, then it is probably time for a replacement. We can help. Call today!
Ceiling Fans & Ceiling Fan Installation in Hyde Park, TX
You should never buy a ceiling fan unless you are certain you have the right size for the room or space for which you are using it. Too many people buy a fan that’s too big or too small, and it not only won’t serve their purposes, but it can also be a safety hazard. Talk to Abacus about getting the right size fan, and having it installed safely and securely.
Rewiring Services in Hyde Park, TX
Wiring can wear down surprisingly fast. In fact, even after just 10 years, it can start to lose the ability to properly handle your electricity needs. It might be even sooner if substandard wiring was installed by the contractor to cut costs. If your wiring is old or not up to snuff, then it could cause serious problems.
These signs can let you know it’s time for some rewiring:
- Circuit breakers constantly tripping
- Aluminum wiring is a major fire risk
- Any vibration, shock, or buzz when turning on appliances
- Dimming or flickering lights while using appliances such as a vacuum
- Loose electrical outlets
- A house that more than 40 years old
- A burning odor coming from electrical outlets
If you see any of those signs in your home, please call Abacus, a licensed electrician.