Electrician Georgetown TX
- Licensed & Insured Local Electricians
- Repair, Service & Installation + Home Safety Inspections
- Surge Protection & Electrical Panels
- 24 Hour Scheduling
Finding a Licensed Electrician in Georgetown, TX?
If you have a need for electrical services, you need to be able to trust the technicians that come to your home to help. With Abacus, you get the best electricians in the business who are committed to making your experience as hassle and stress-free as possible.
Electrical issues can cause devastating damage to your home or those in your home. Abacus is dedicated to ensuring all of our customers are 100% satisfied with our electrical services.
Abacus Electrical Services offered in Georgetown, TX
- Equipment Repair/Installation
- Breakers & Fuses
- Ceiling Fans
- Lighting Design & Repair
- Exhaust Fans
- Home Safety Check
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Fire Marshall/Code Correction
- Outdoor & Landscape Lighting
- Troubleshooting & Repair
- Overhead Lighting
- Home Surge Protectors
- Light Switches
- Grounding Systems
- Electrical Outlets
- Electric Panels
- Meter Bases
- Phone Jacks & Cable Outlets
- Electrical Maintenance
- Track Lighting Installation
- GFCI (Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupter) Outlets
- ARC-Fault Breakers
- New Wiring for Appliances
If you don’t see the electrical service you need, call us! We will do our best to try and help you.
Getting the right Electrician
To work in Georgetown, electricians must be licensed and fall under one of the four categories of professional electricians. They include:
- Apprentice: An apprentice is just starting out in their career. They are fully supervised as they learn the job and gain experience. After two years as an apprentice, they are able to take the electrical exam of texas to become a wireman electrician.
- Wireman: A wireman is a fully certified and licensed electrician. They can work on residential properties but they are not allowed to work on commercial properties without supervision.
- Journeyman: Journeyman electricians can work on any type of project, but are supervised by a master electrician.
- Master: After 7 years of experience, a journeyman can apply to become a master electrician. If they meet the requirements, they can work on any project unsupervised, whether it’s residential or commercial.
GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter)
When an electrical current goes through water, it can pose a great danger. It can cause sparking, and electrical shock resulting in injury or death. That’s where GFCI outlets come into play. They work to protect you by turning off when the current goes somewhere it shouldn’t. The best place for these outlets is in the kitchen and bathrooms. Make sure to test them every month, and if they do not shut off, then have them replaced right away. Otherwise, you won’t be protected. Call Abacus today to keep everyone safe, even when electricity mixes with water.
Outdoor Lighting Installation & Landscape Lighting
Everyone wants to find ways to make their homes stand out in a crowd. That’s where outdoor and landscape lighting can be such a benefit. Talk to an Abacus representative to discuss your options and to design the exterior lighting system of your dreams. Outside lighting makes it easier to spend time outdoors on your property and prevents thieves and vandals from targeting your home. Don’t forget that exterior lighting needs regular maintenance to look great, work properly and avoid damage and fire. Replace bulbs right away, and keep debris away from your fixtures.
Home Electrical Safety Tips
Don’t ever take electricity for granted. Yes, you spend all your time around it and it is usually safe, but it only takes one incident to cause serious injury or worse.
- Don’t cover up extension cords with carpet.
- Use extension cords only when necessary, not permanently
- Change cords immediately if you see any damage
- Only use a fire extinguisher to put out an electrical fire
- Use tamper-proof receptacles to protect people from shocks
- Have a licensed electrician perform an annual inspection
- Unplug appliances that emit sparks
Please follow those safety guidelines that will help keep everyone safe.
LED lighting is widely used all around Georgetown nowadays. They are more energy-efficient, which makes them more cost-efficient. They also provide a very attractive light that is easier on the eyes. With LED bulbs, you don’t have to worry about replacing them for 20 years or more. When they do burn out, they do so slowly so that you are never caught by surprise. You can also direct LED lights in any direction, as opposed to incandescent bulbs which direct light all around themselves. Less energy and a longer replacement period make going LED a no-brainer.
Surge Suppressors (aka Surge Protectors)
If lightning strikes near your home or hits it, then you could get a power surge that damages your electronics or even causes sparking and injury. To avoid this, have an Abacus technician install a surge suppressor on your electrical system. This will ensure that no more electricity gets into the system than is needed. You will be protected, and you can use your electrical devices and appliances without fear of damage.
Smoke Detectors & CO (Carbon Monoxide) Detectors
Smoke detectors and carbon monoxide (CO) detectors help keep everyone in your home safe. You should have smoke detectors in all bedrooms and one at the top of all staircases. CO detectors should be placed near sleeping areas. Remember to keep CO detectors at least ten feet away from stoves, not doing so could cause false alarms. Test your smoke alarms every month and change the batteries once a year to maintain them working at their best. We recommend replacing your CO detectors every five to seven years and replacing your smoke detectors every ten years.
Electric Panel Replacement
Your electrical panel is the beating heart of your electrical system. It distributes electricity to all of your outlets and appliances and makes sure that you have enough power.
However, if you have an older home, then your panel might be too outdated to handle your current energy needs. If that is the case, your circuit could overload. This can lead to performance problems and safety hazards for everyone in your home.
There are several signs that your electrical panel may need to be upgraded. They include a bad smell, tripping, corrosion and lights that dim when other electrical components are turned on. If you have any of these signs, then call Abacus right away for help.
Ceiling Fans & Ceiling Fan Installation in Georgetown, TX
Don’t purchase any new ceiling fans without talking to Abacus first. We can make sure that your ceiling fan is the right size for the space, and that it is installed correctly. There are several recommended distances for the blades to be placed in relation to walls, the floor, and the ceiling, and one of our professionals can make sure that you meet these standards. Not only that, but they will install your ceiling fan safely and securely.
Rewiring Services in Georgetown, TX
Many of Georgetown’s older homes have electrical wiring that is over 10 years old. Even newer homes in Georgetown could have been built with cheaper wiring to try and lower costs. Old wiring is most likely incapable of handling the power requirements of today’s electronics. You can prevent many electrical issues by getting some rewiring done.
These signs can let you know it’s time for some rewiring:
- Circuit breakers constantly tripping
- Aluminum wiring is a major fire risk
- Any vibration, shock, or buzz when turning on appliances
- Dimming or flickering lights while using appliances such as a vacuum
- Loose electrical outlets
- A house that more than 40 years old
- A burning odor coming from electrical outlets
If you see any of those signs in your home, please call Abacus, a licensed electrician.