Electrician Rollingwood TX
- Licensed & Insured Local Electricians
- Repair, Service & Installation + Home Safety Inspections
- Surge Protection & Electrical Panels
- 24 Hour Scheduling
Finding a Licensed Electrician in Rollingwood, TX?
You deserve only the best electrical services in Rollingwood when you are having issues with your power. That’s why you should call Abacus. We have a team of dedicated professional electricians who are committed to making your electrical experience as hassle-free as possible.
Don’t let electrician problems get you down, or cause damage to your home. Abacus works to make sure that all of our customers are completely satisfied before any job is finished.
Abacus Electrical Services offered in Rollingwood, TX
- Equipment Repair/Installation
- Breakers & Fuses
- Ceiling Fans
- Lighting Design & Repair
- Exhaust Fans
- Home Safety Check
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Fire Marshall/Code Correction
- Outdoor & Landscape Lighting
- Troubleshooting & Repair
- Overhead Lighting
- Home Surge Protectors
- Light Switches
- Grounding Systems
- Electrical Outlets
- Electric Panels
- Meter Bases
- Phone Jacks & Cable Outlets
- Electrical Maintenance
- Track Lighting Installation
- GFCI (Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupter) Outlets
- ARC-Fault Breakers
- New Wiring for Appliances
If you don’t see the electrical service you need, call us! We will do our best to try and help you.
Getting the right Electrician
All electricians working in the city of Rollingwood are required to have a license. Electricians will have 1 of 4 different types of licensing.
- Apprentice: This is an electrician that is taking the first steps of their career. After around two years of supervised training and passing the state electrical exam of Texas, they can become a wireman electrician.
- Wireman: Wireman electricians are able to work unsupervised on residential properties but are not allowed to work unsupervised on commercial properties.
- Journeyman: Journeymen electricians work right under a master electrician. Journeymen may service both residential and commercial properties.
- Master: This is the highest level of licensing for electricians and requires a minimum of seven years of experience. Master electricians can service almost all jobs dealing with electricity.
GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter)
Electricity and water don’t mix, and there are injuries and damage caused by electrical currents making contact with water on a regular basis. That’s why a GFCI is a must for any kitchen and bathroom. It will shut off as soon as it senses the current going through water, or even through flesh. They should be tested regularly, and reset after every test. They are only useful if they are ready to go at all times. If you are concerned about moisture and electricity, then call Abacus today. We will install GFCI outlets throughout your home and make sure that you are protected.
Outdoor Lighting Installation & Landscape Lighting
We all want our homes to look more attractive from the outside, and to make our homes safer. With outdoor and landscape lighting, you can do both. Exterior lighting can provide the extra wow factor to make your home stand out in the neighborhood. Not only that, but it will make your home less of a target for vandals and thieves, and help you get from your car to your door every night. With outdoor lighting, you can extend the liveable space for your home by making it possible to relax and entertain outdoors, no matter what time it is. Call Abacus today to have an expert exterior lighting designer provide you with everything you need.
Home Electrical Safety Tips
Having electricity is a necessity for almost all homeowners. If you don’t follow some safety guidelines, electricity can pose a threat to everyone in your home. Homeowners can prevent electrical fires and electrocutions by following these safety guidelines:
- Don’t cover up extension cords with carpet.
- Use extension cords only when necessary, not permanently
- Change cords immediately if you see any damage
- Only use a fire extinguisher to put out an electrical fire
- Use tamper-proof receptacles to protect people from shocks
- Have a licensed electrician perform an annual inspection
- Unplug appliances that emit sparks
Please follow those safety guidelines that will help keep everyone safe.
LED lighting just keeps getting more popular in Rollingwood and the surrounding area, and with good reason. If you want to save on your energy bills, there is no better option than LED lighting. Not only that, but LED bulbs take over 20 years to require replacement, so you can save time and money on replacing them. Looking to highlight a certain area of your home or a piece of furniture? LED light can be directed wherever you want it to go. Your home will look better, and you can save money. Making the switch just makes sense.
Surge Suppressors (aka Surge Protectors)
When lightning strikes, it can do more than cause damage to trees in your neighborhood. It can cause a massive influx of electricity into your home that overloads the circuit boards of your electronics and appliances and causes major damage. With a surge protector, you can keep your outlets safe by regulating how much power can be in your system at any one time. This will also prevent sparking that could lead to fires.
Smoke Detectors & CO (Carbon Monoxide) Detectors
Keeping your family safe is the main priority for any homeowner. That’s why you need to make sure that you don’t just have smoke and CO detectors installed, but also that they are in good working order. Test them all every month, and replace their batteries twice a year. Abacus can wire them into your electrical system for more reliability, but backup batteries are still required to make sure you are protected, even if the electricity is interrupted. Replace your detectors every 10 years so that you rest your head every night knowing everyone is safe.
Electric Panel Replacement
Your electrical panel (aka the breaker box) helps your home run the way it needs to. The electric panel’s main job is to provide your home with electricity.
Many homes have older electric panels that can’t sustain the demands for power by newer technology. These older breaker boxes can cause your circuit to overload. This can cause major safety risks for everyone in your home.
Your electric panel may give signs that it’s time to upgrade, such as bad smell, tripping, corrosion, and dimming lights. If you notice one or more of those signs or anything unusual, contact Abacus before it’s too late.
Ceiling Fans & Ceiling Fan Installation in Rollingwood, TX
Ceiling fans are a great way to stay comfortable and also have some great aesthetic appeal. However, you need to make sure that they are installed correctly, and that you have the right size. Otherwise, you could have a safety hazard on your hands. Not only that, but the wrong size fan can ever overwhelm or not properly provide airflow to a room. Call us today to consult on how to choose the right fan for your space that is the right size. Then, make an appointment for us to come and install your fans safely and securely.
Rewiring Services in Rollingwood, TX
Many of Rollingwood’s older homes have electrical wiring that is over 10 years old. Even newer homes in Rollingwood could have been built with cheaper wiring to try and lower costs. Old wiring is most likely incapable of handling the power requirements of today’s electronics. You can prevent many electrical issues by getting some rewiring done.
These signs can let you know it’s time for some rewiring:
- Circuit breakers constantly tripping
- Aluminum wiring is a major fire risk
- Any vibration, shock, or buzz when turning on appliances
- Dimming or flickering lights while using appliances such as a vacuum
- Loose electrical outlets
- A house that more than 40 years old
- A burning odor coming from electrical outlets
If you see any of those signs in your home, please call Abacus, a licensed electrician.