Electrician Lost Creek TX
- Licensed & Insured Local Electricians
- Repair, Service & Installation + Home Safety Inspections
- Surge Protection & Electrical Panels
- 24 Hour Scheduling
Finding a Licensed Electrician in Lost Creek, TX?
Electrical issues can be frustrating and dangerous. That’s why you need an electrician that will provide you with top-notch workmanship and excellent service. You can find one at Abacus in Lost Creek, TX. Our specialists can handle whatever electrical need you might have, from repairs, to rewiring, to inspections, and everything in between.
Don’t let your home get damaged, or anyone in your home get injured. Call Abacus today to have a smiling electrician to help, 24/7, 365 days a year.
Abacus Electrical Services offered in Lost Creek, TX
- Equipment Repair/Installation
- Breakers & Fuses
- Ceiling Fans
- Lighting Design & Repair
- Exhaust Fans
- Home Safety Check
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Fire Marshall/Code Correction
- Outdoor & Landscape Lighting
- Troubleshooting & Repair
- Overhead Lighting
- Home Surge Protectors
- Light Switches
- Grounding Systems
- Electrical Outlets
- Electric Panels
- Meter Bases
- Phone Jacks & Cable Outlets
- Electrical Maintenance
- Track Lighting Installation
- GFCI (Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupter) Outlets
- ARC-Fault Breakers
- New Wiring for Appliances
If you don’t see the electrical service you need, call us! We will do our best to try and help you.
Getting the right Electrician
All electricians working in the city of Lost Creek are required to have a license. Electricians will have 1 of 4 different types of licensing.
- Apprentice: This is the first level for new graduates. They must be supervised on any job. After two years, they can apply to take an exam to qualify for the next level.
- Wireman: A wireman electrician is a full professional. However, they can only work on residential projects under supervision.
- Journeyman: A journeyman can work on both residential and commercial electrical systems, but is supervised by a master electrician.
- Master: This is the highest level of licensing for electricians and requires a minimum of seven years of experience. Master electricians can service almost all jobs dealing with electricity.
GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter)
A ground fault circuit interrupter does just what its name implies. It will interrupt the circuit when it senses that the current is going through water, flesh, or anywhere else it isn’t supposed to go. Every GFCI outlet must be tested every month to ensure that you are protected at all times. It’s an easy process since all you have to do is press the “test” button. If it turns off, then it is ready to go. Just make sure to reset your GFCI outlets after every test, or else you will leave yourself vulnerable. If you don’t have GFCI outlets in your home, call Abacus to have them installed, or to replace any that aren’t functioning properly.
Outdoor Lighting Installation & Landscape Lighting
Your landscaping can make your home look stunning. However, installing the right landscape lighting can make it look even better at night time. You can highlight any components you are proud of, and provide extra safety for your home. Well-lit homes are less likely to be the victims of theft and vandalism, and it also helps you see better when navigating your property at night. Outdoor lighting gives you the opportunity for late-night entertaining or even quiet time with family.
Home Electrical Safety Tips
Having electricity is a necessity for almost all homeowners. If you don’t follow some safety guidelines, electricity can pose a threat to everyone in your home. Homeowners can prevent electrical fires and electrocutions by following these safety guidelines:
- Don’t cover up extension cords with carpet.
- Use extension cords only when necessary, not permanently
- Change cords immediately if you see any damage
- Only use a fire extinguisher to put out an electrical fire
- Use tamper-proof receptacles to protect people from shocks
- Have a licensed electrician perform an annual inspection
- Unplug appliances that emit sparks
Please follow those safety guidelines that will help keep everyone safe.
There’s a reason why LED lighting has been getting so popular in recent years. In fact, there are many reasons, not the least of which is that LED lighting is exceptionally energy efficient. Not only that, but an LED bulb lasts 25 times longer than an incandescent one, meaning that you can save on replacement costs. LED lights are also safer, since they give off less heat, and they don’t burn out suddenly, leaving you in the dark where you can get injured. Call Abacus today to see how to get LED lights working in your home.
Surge Suppressors (aka Surge Protectors)
When lightning strikes near your home, it can cause a sudden influx of electricity into your electrical system. This can cause damage to your electronics, sparking and fire, and possibly injury or worse. With a surge suppressor, you can make sure that the amount of electricity that enters your home is regulated so that your system does not get overloaded.
Smoke Detectors & CO (Carbon Monoxide) Detectors
Don’t take a chance with your safety. Make sure that you have smoke detectors installed on every floor, and CO detectors near every sleeping area. Change out the batteries every six months, and replace your detracts every 10 years. Carbon monoxide cannot be smelled, tasted, or seen, and it can be deadly. You need a warning, so test your detectors every month to make sure they are functioning and providing you with the protection you require.
Electric Panel Replacement
Your electrical panel (aka the breaker box) helps your home run the way it needs to. The electric panel’s main job is to provide your home with electricity.
Many homes have older electric panels that can’t sustain the demands for power by newer technology. These older breaker boxes can cause your circuit to overload. This can cause major safety risks for everyone in your home.
Your electric panel may give signs that it’s time to upgrade, such as bad smell, tripping, corrosion, and dimming lights. If you notice one or more of those signs or anything unusual, contact Abacus before it’s too late.
Ceiling Fans & Ceiling Fan Installation in Lost Creek, TX
Never purchase a ceiling fan without consulting with a professional at Abacus. One of our friendly representatives can provide you with guidance on sizing and placement for both safety and functionality. We will also make sure that it is properly wired into your electrical system and functioning as it should. While ceiling fans can look great and provide comfortable air, they can also be a safety hazard if installed incorrectly. Trust yours to the experts at Abacus.
Rewiring Services in Lost Creek, TX
Many of Lost Creek’s older homes have electrical wiring that is over 10 years old. Even newer homes in Lost Creek could have been built with cheaper wiring to try and lower costs. Old wiring is most likely incapable of handling the power requirements of today’s electronics. You can prevent many electrical issues by getting some rewiring done.
These signs can let you know it’s time for some rewiring:
- Circuit breakers constantly tripping
- Aluminum wiring is a major fire risk
- Any vibration, shock, or buzz when turning on appliances
- Dimming or flickering lights while using appliances such as a vacuum
- Loose electrical outlets
- A house that more than 40 years old
- A burning odor coming from electrical outlets
If you see any of those signs in your home, please call Abacus, a licensed electrician.