Electrician Steiner Ranch TX
- Licensed & Insured Local Electricians
- Repair, Service & Installation + Home Safety Inspections
- Surge Protection & Electrical Panels
- 24 Hour Scheduling
Finding a Licensed Electrician in Steiner Ranch, TX?
Don’t take chances when it comes to your electrical system. You need the best-licensed electricians in the business, and you can find them at Abacus. Call us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for help with all of your electrical needs.
Electricity can cause damage to your home and injury to you and your family. Make sure that your electrical work is done safely and effectively. Call Abacus today.
Abacus Electrical Services offered in Steiner Ranch, TX
- Equipment Repair/Installation
- Breakers & Fuses
- Ceiling Fans
- Lighting Design & Repair
- Exhaust Fans
- Home Safety Check
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Fire Marshall/Code Correction
- Outdoor & Landscape Lighting
- Troubleshooting & Repair
- Overhead Lighting
- Home Surge Protectors
- Light Switches
- Grounding Systems
- Electrical Outlets
- Electric Panels
- Meter Bases
- Phone Jacks & Cable Outlets
- Electrical Maintenance
- Track Lighting Installation
- GFCI (Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupter) Outlets
- ARC-Fault Breakers
- New Wiring for Appliances
If you don’t see the electrical service you need, call us! We will do our best to try and help you.
Getting the right Electrician
All electricians working in the city of Steiner Ranch are required to have a license. Electricians will have 1 of 4 different types of licensing.
- Apprentice: This is an electrician that is taking the first steps of their career. After around two years of supervised training and passing the state electrical exam of Texas, they can become a wireman electrician.
- Wireman: Wireman electricians are able to work unsupervised on residential properties but are not allowed to work unsupervised on commercial properties.
- Journeyman: Journeymen electricians work right under a master electrician. Journeymen may service both residential and commercial properties.
- Master: This is the highest level of licensing for electricians and requires a minimum of seven years of experience. Master electricians can service almost all jobs dealing with electricity.
GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter)
A GFCI outlet will help to protect you against the dangers of electrical currents going through water. It works by detecting when the current is going through moisture, and it will shut off right away before you can get shocked or it causes sparking and fire. It’s important that you test your GFCI outlets every month. Otherwise, you could end up with outlets that aren’t able to protect you when you need them to. Just press the “test” button on the front of the outlets, and if it turns off, then it is functioning properly. Make sure that you reset to get it back to being ready to go. Call Abacus today to have GFCI outlets installed in your kitchen and bathrooms.
Outdoor Lighting Installation & Landscape Lighting
If you want your home to be one of the most stunning in Steiner Ranch, then give us a call about installing outdoor and landscape lighting on your property. It will help you see better when arriving at and leaving your home, highlight certain elements of your property, and make your home less desirable to criminals. You should always take good care of your outdoor lighting. This means keeping fixtures clear of debris and changing out lightbulbs as soon as they burn out. This will make sure that the debris doesn’t overheat and cause a fire, and that your lighting system doesn’t have any gaps.
Home Electrical Safety Tips
Having electricity is a necessity for almost all homeowners. If you don’t follow some safety guidelines, electricity can pose a threat to everyone in your home. Homeowners can prevent electrical fires and electrocutions by following these safety guidelines:
- Don’t cover up extension cords with carpet.
- Use extension cords only when necessary, not permanently
- Change cords immediately if you see any damage
- Only use a fire extinguisher to put out an electrical fire
- Use tamper-proof receptacles to protect people from shocks
- Have a licensed electrician perform an annual inspection
- Unplug appliances that emit sparks
Please follow those safety guidelines that will help keep everyone safe.
Are you looking for better-looking light in your home that is more energy-efficient and lasts longer than incandescent light? It might sound impossible, but LED offers all of these benefits, and more! LED bulbs give off less heat, so there’s no risk of burning or injuring yourself. Plus, you never have to worry about suddenly being in the dark when an LED bulb burns out. It does it slowly, so you have plenty of warning for when you need to replace one. LED bulbs provide so many benefits that it’s no wonder that they are more and more popular every year. Call Abacus today to talk about your LED lighting options.
Surge Suppressors (aka Surge Protectors)
During a lightning storm, if a strike happens near your home, it can send a sudden surge of electricity into your electrical system. This is known as a power surge. To prevent this from happening, you can have Abacus install a surge suppressor in your electrical system. It will make sure that only enough electricity will get into the system as you need, and nothing more. This will protect your home, your electronics, and your family.
Smoke Detectors & CO (Carbon Monoxide) Detectors
Another way to protect your family is by having smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) detectors installed in your home. Smoke detectors should be installed on every floor of your home, and CO detectors should be near every sleeping area. You can have them installed into your electrical system to make sure they are reliable, but always make sure that you have backup batteries as well. Test the batteries every 6 months, and replace your detectors every 10 years.
Electric Panel Replacement
Your electrical panel is the nerve center of your electrical system. Your home simply can’t run without it. It provides electricity to the home and makes sure that your electronics and appliances can function properly.
Many homes in Steiner Ranch have older panels that can’t handle the electrical needs of the modern home. When that happens, you could have a power overload, which is a safety risk and a damage risk.
There may be tell-tale signs that your panel is out of date and needs to be upgraded. If you notice a strange odor, dimming flights, corrosion, or tripping, then call the experts at Abacus right away. We will inspect and replace your electric panel safely.
Ceiling Fans & Ceiling Fan Installation in Steiner Ranch, TX
You might not realize it, but it’s always a good idea to have a professional electrician help you with the process. We can make sure that your ceiling fan is installed into the electrical system properly, and that it is securely fastened. It’s also important to choose the right size for your home, based on functionality and safety. There are certain safety standards for how close fan blades should be to walls, the ceiling, and the floor. One of our licensed electricians will make sure that you meet all of these standards so your ceiling fan is as safe as possible.
Rewiring Services in Steiner Ranch, TX
Older homes in Steiner Ranch may have wiring that has worn down and is not able to handle enough power. Some newer homes also have wiring issues if the builder used cheaper wires to save money. In both cases, you may need home rewiring.
These signs can let you know it’s time for some rewiring:
- Circuit breakers constantly tripping
- Aluminum wiring is a major fire risk
- Any vibration, shock, or buzz when turning on appliances
- Dimming or flickering lights while using appliances such as a vacuum
- Loose electrical outlets
- A house that more than 40 years old
- A burning odor coming from electrical outlets
If you see any of those signs in your home, please call Abacus, a licensed electrician.