Electrician Avery Ranch Tx Electrical Repair Service (512) 305-1109
- Licensed & Insured Local Electricians
- Repair, Service & Installation + Home Safety Inspections
- Surge Protection & Electrical Panels
- 24 Hour Scheduling
Finding a Licensed Electrician in Avery Ranch, TX?
Finding the best-licensed electrician in Avery Ranch has never been easier. You’ve already found the best in Abacus. We only hire and train the best technicians in the industry. They are available 24/7 to help you with all of your electrical problems, no matter what they are.
Electrical problems can cause damage to your home, and injury or worse to you or your family. Every one of our electricians is dedicated to 100% customer satisfaction with every job that we do.
Abacus Electrical Services offered in Avery Ranch, TX
- Equipment Repair/Installation
- Breakers & Fuses
- Ceiling Fans
- Lighting Design & Repair
- Exhaust Fans
- Home Safety Check
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detectors
- Fire Marshall/Code Correction
- Outdoor & Landscape Lighting
- Troubleshooting & Repair
- Overhead Lighting
- Home Surge Protectors
- Light Switches
- Grounding Systems
- Electrical Outlets
- Electric Panels
- Meter Bases
- Phone Jacks & Cable Outlets
- Electrical Maintenance
- Track Lighting Installation
- GFCI (Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupter) Outlets
- ARC-Fault Breakers
- New Wiring for Appliances
If you don’t see the electrical service you need, call us! We will do our best to try and help you.
Getting the right Electrician
All electricians working in the city of Avery Ranch are required to have a license. Electricians will have 1 of 4 different types of licensing.
- Apprentice: When an electrician first takes up the profession, they start as an apprentice. Once they’ve been at that level for 2 years, they can take an exam to advance to the next level.
- Wireman: Wireman can work unsupervised on residential properties but are not allowed to work unsupervised on commercial properties.
- Journeyman: A journeyman electrician works under a master electrician, but they can work unsupervised on residential and commercial projects.
- Master: This is the highest level of licensing for electricians and requires a minimum of seven years of experience. Master electricians can service almost all jobs dealing with electricity.
GFCI (Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter)
GFCI outlets help to protect you against electrical shocks and avoid fires and injury. GFCIs shut off as soon as they sense that the power current is going through water or somewhere it shouldn’t, like human flesh. Make sure to test out your GFCI outlets every month. They are no good to you if they don’t work when you need them to. To do this, just press “test” on the front of the outlet. If the outlet turns off, then it’s working. If not, then it is not working, and you will need to have it replaced. GFCI outlets are perfect for rooms with a lot of moisture, such as bathrooms and kitchens.
Outdoor Lighting Installation & Landscape Lighting
Having lighting on the exterior of your home can make its appearance pop and add to its curb appeal. Well-lit homes are also safer than others, so you don’t have to worry about tripping over a hazard in the dark and you will be less likely to be targeted by thieves. Outdoor lighting makes it easier to host friends in the evening and relax with a book after dinner. Call Abacus to design the absolute best exterior lighting system for your home.
Home Electrical Safety Tips
Having electricity is a necessity for almost all homeowners. If you don’t follow some safety guidelines, electricity can pose a threat to everyone in your home. Homeowners can prevent electrical fires and electrocutions by following these safety guidelines:
- Don’t cover up extension cords with carpet.
- Use extension cords only when necessary, not permanently
- Change cords immediately if you see any damage
- Only use a fire extinguisher to put out an electrical fire
- Use tamper-proof receptacles to protect people from shocks
- Have a licensed electrician perform an annual inspection
- Unplug appliances that emit sparks
Please follow those safety guidelines that will help keep everyone safe.
LED lighting is getting more popular all the time in Avery Ranch. LED bulbs are more cost-efficient, and provide a more attractive and pleasing glow. They also have a lifespan that can be approximately 25 times longer than incandescent bulbs. LED lights also do not suddenly burn out. They slowly lose power and change colors so you know when it’s time to change them before you get stuck in the dark. You can direct LED lights wherever you want to, unlike incandescent bulbs which shine in every direction. You can point LEDs wherever you’d like. With lower replacement costs and energy savings, LED bulbs are a great option. Call Abacus for your options.
Surge Suppressors (aka Surge Protectors)
During a lightning storm, if a strike hits your home or even nearby, it can push an overflow of electricity in your system. This can damage your electronics, devices, and appliances by overloading their circus. A surge protector will regulate how much power gets into your system and make sure that you, your property, and your home are safe.
Smoke Detectors & CO (Carbon Monoxide) Detectors
Another way to keep your home safe is by installing smoke detectors and carbon monoxide (CO) detectors. There should be a smoke detector on every floor, and CO detectors near any sleeping area. Do not install a CO detector near your oven, as it could cause a false positive. CO is colorless and odorless, so the only way to know if it is present is with a sensor. Exposure to CO can be very dangerous, and lead to death. Your detectors should be tested every month, and the batteries should be replaced every 6 months.
Electric Panel Replacement
Your electrical panel (aka the breaker box) helps your home run the way it needs to. The electric panel’s main job is to provide your home with electricity.
Many homes have older electric panels that can’t sustain the demands for power by newer technology. These older breaker boxes can cause your circuit to overload. This can cause major safety risks for everyone in your home.
Your electric panel may give signs that it’s time to upgrade, such as bad smell, tripping, corrosion, and dimming lights. If you notice one or more of those signs or anything unusual, contact Abacus before it’s too late.
Ceiling Fans & Ceiling Fan Installation in Avery Ranch, TX
Never purchase or install a ceiling fan without consulting with an Abacus electrician. You need to make sure that you have gotten the right fan for the space where it will be used. You also need to ensure that it is installed according to safety standards. There should be adequate clearance between the blades, the ceiling, the floor, and the walls. An Abacus electrician will make sure that your ceiling fan is properly connected to the electrical system and securely attached to the ceiling.
Rewiring Services in Avery Ranch, TX
Many of Avery Ranch’s older homes have electrical wiring that is over 10 years old. Even newer homes in Avery Ranch could have been built with cheaper wiring to try and lower costs. Old wiring is most likely incapable of handling the power requirements of today’s electronics. You can prevent many electrical issues by getting some rewiring done.
These signs can let you know it’s time for some rewiring:
- Circuit breakers constantly tripping
- Aluminum wiring is a major fire risk
- Any vibration, shock, or buzz when turning on appliances
- Dimming or flickering lights while using appliances such as a vacuum
- Loose electrical outlets
- A house that more than 40 years old
- A burning odor coming from electrical outlets
If you see any of those signs in your home, please call Abacus, a licensed electrician.